Monday, April 26

Food Movies

So for my first post I figured I should be Nice and gentle so I figured I'd discuss something that I enjoy which is movies dealing with food or has tons of food in them. aaaand away we go.

As a Person who cooks for a living I have to say that there are very few movies or shows that I can think of that are accurate although entertaining some may be. My all time favorite I think is Dinner Rush. It mixes gangsters and cooking what better thing is there. The cooking scenes were very realistic even if a bit stylized. Some other good ones are the Big Night which Is great. I loved the no apologies chef who would rather kick customers out than take their stupidity. Chocolat which is more of a romantic dessert movie but still good. I even liked Ratatouille and yes I know it was a cartoon, but honestly I thought it did a good job of capturing the essence of what makes a lot of people fall in love with cooking. I didn't really care for the one with Catherine Zeta Jones though she was hot as always. Another good one was Tortilla Soup even though technically it is a chick flick the cooking was great.
As far as TV shows who doesn't love Iron Chef. i actually prefer the Japanese version to the American one. I also am a fan of Top Chef, but not Hell's Kitchen. His show Kitchen Nightmares is good, but the European version is better than the American. There is also this old show that use to come on BBC called Chef that i think is pretty hilarious. Never got to see Kitchen Confidential, but I didn't hear anything good about it. Who could forget the Restaurant which made Rocco Dispirito famous and also a tool at the same time. I forgot the movie Waiting. If you've ever worked in a chain restaurant some version of the stupid shit they did probably happened. Lastly even though no cooking was involved Harold and Kumar Go To White Castles was hilarious. That's some food dedication. Besides who doesn't like white castles.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed watching half of those movies with u. Even though you didn't care to see it Julie & Julia was quite good. You should check it out;-)

    ReplyDelete